Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Vodka Water

I bought my kiln about a year ago ... a few months before I found a wheel. To offset my pottery withdrawal, I played with glass for a bit; especially bottle slumping. Jasen poured vodka into a water bottle, tossed it in the freezer, and forgot about it. Apparently he did this so I could have the bottle.
Until last week. He packed a cooler for a day trip, and tossed in the water bottle, oblivious to the fact that it was, in fact, raspberry vodka. Cheap raspberry vodka.
"Mommy...taste this water, please. There's something wrong with it."
"It's water, Juni. I'm sure it's fine."
"Seriously, Mommy. Taste this. Please."
"Ugh! Okay. Hand me the bottle."
I take a swig, and immediately spew sticky raspberry vodka across the dashboard.
"What the Hell, Jasen? This is friggin vodka! Juni, are you okay buddy? Did you swallow it?"
"No, I spit it back in the bottle. My tongue burns dough."
"Awe, buddy, I'm sorry. Jasen ... I am NOT cleaning this dashboard. Your vodka, your mess."
"It's okay. Daddy ... alcohol is nasty. You shouldn't drink it. Mommy ... does vodka kill little boys?"
"No, Juni, it doesn't. It just burns your tongue."
"Whew. I fought I might get killed by it."

Fast forward to today. Juni is my little golf-a-holic, in his second clinic this summer. He gets into the car, it's almost 100 degrees out, and I hand him a bottled water. Apparently, it resembled the the vodka water bottle.
"Mommy, is this oka water?"
"Huh?"
"ODKA water...is this ODKA water?"
"What? Say it slower, Juni."
"VODKA. WATER. Is this VODKA WATER. You know, that nasty stuff Daddy drinks."
"No, Juni. It's not vodka water. You're cool, dude. I threw that out and made Daddy promise to keep his vodka water out of the freezer."

No comments:

Post a Comment