Monday, April 20, 2009

Running down the Driveway, Chicken in Hand and Toddler in Tow


I thought it would be a good to take my favorite chicken, Gladys, on a little field trip. Juni could learn about what chickens eat, and I could enjoy the weather. We decided the best place for this trip would be the back yard, where I could pick up the bricks that border the flower beds and Juni could find bugs. Juni and I walked down the driveway to the chicken pen, a carried her back up to the house.
Problem was that it was windy outside, and the inflatable bouncer was still out from the Easter egg hunt. The bouncer was high-tailing it down the driveway, headed toward the road. So I started to run, chicken in hand, and Juni in tow. Gladys was flapping her wings, screeching in my ear, while I hauled the bouncer back up to the house and stuffed it into the garage.
That was my exercise for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment