Thursday, September 17, 2009

Who Stole the F'in Cookies?...

Jasen and Juni did the grocery shopping this week. I was just too much of a wreck after loosing Shelby. They came back with three things: a 3 lb bag of shredded mozzarella cheese, chocolate oatmeal cookie dough, and that frozen cookie dough that is already in the shape of cookies, so you can bake one or 12.

I love cookie dough. Especially sugar cookie dough. I could eat it at least 3 times a day. My husband knows this, and therefore never keeps it in the house. He knows I'd eat it and then blame him for bringing the evil substance into my home.
Jasen and Juni had cookies that night, and I will admit I had two. I also fully admit I ate a raw one just before bed. It was probably midnight or so. The next night, Juni asked for the sugar cookies, and Jasen couldn't find them. He asked me, I said I'd eaten one the night before, and that I'd also returned them to the freezer.
My redneck husband proceeded to tell me that cookies don't just walk away. Someone took them. And that someone was me. He actually accused me not only of eating 12 raw cookies, but then hiding the empty wrapper in the trash, and then lying about it. Are you kidding me? I pretty much shut down at that point. I could care less where the cookies were, and figured Juni had put them someone in a pretend kitchen. I was sure we'd find them by following either the smell or ants in a few weeks.
But my husband, at 8 p.m., actually went outside to the big trash can, and dug through it. Because he thought his wife would actually eat that much and hide the evidence. My feelings were definitely crushed, but beyond that I was just plain pissed. Thirty minutes and 55 arguments later Jasen found said cookie dough in the freezer; it had just fallen under the drawer.
I asked for an apology, and he refused. Said he still thinks it's something I would do. I still don't think he realizes why I've been pretty much silent to him for the past three days. He goes through these phases where he'll just completely become agitated at me for no reason, and then ride my butt like ... well I don't even know what. He's in one of those phases where I'm supposed to cook dinner, cut the grass, do the paperwork for the business, run all the errands, clean the house, be where and do what he needs at a moments notice and ... oh yeah ... raise a human being to be a positive addition to the human race. No biggie...I may not speak to him for another 6 days, but I've totally got this under control...

No comments:

Post a Comment