Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stretch Marks

I've had stretch marks since puberty. They're light an faded, or so I though. Until today.

I'm weeding in a pair of shorts, bending over and feel something tickling the back of my booty. I, realizing it's not a curious bug, jolts and yelps : "Juni! What the heck, man? That tickles! And it's actually a little inappropriate."
Juni says: "I not mean to tickl you, Momma. I just lookin'. Momma. What dem lines on your legs?"
Me: "Huh?"
 Juni: "You know, dem scratches on your legs."
Me: "Juni. What in the world are you talking about?"
Juni, touching my legs again: "These, Momma! Cat scratch you?"
Me: "No, Juni. Those are stretch marks. Thanks for noticing."
Juni: "What stretched your legs, Momma?"
Me: "You did, son. You did."
Juni: "Oh. Okay, Momma. Sorry I did dat."

I hate my legs, but I absolutely love my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment