Friday, April 16, 2010

Remembrance

I remember today for the way I sat silently with my dad and cried.
I remember today for the way my heart ached like I'd lost a family member.
I remember today for the way my stomach churned watching the images of tragedy.
I remember today for the way "massacre" made me dry heave over my toilet.
I remember today because of the way Virginia Tech is home to me in so many ways.
I remember today for the way my fellow Hokies became heroes.
I remember today for the lost futures. The lost sons, daughters, brothers and sisters.
I remember today for the lost sense of security Blacksburg always represented.
I remember today for the pain, insanity, confusion and disbelief.
I remember today. And I will never forget. Rest In Peace, young Hokies.
I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment