Thursday, January 5, 2012

August? Really???

It's been AUGUST since I've found time for my blog? That's just insane. Granted, kindergarten took me a while to adjust to...I'm just not a 5:50 a.m. kinda girl. But that's just rediculous.
Today is a new day. Today, I begin making time for myself. I've kept notes about insane stories to write about. And I'll get there. But first thing's first. Resolutions...

I am not a fan of New Year's Resolutions. They suck. Set you up for failure. Every year mine are the same. Lose weight. Don't argue with my husband so much. Spend more time with Juni. But those are things I'll never feel secure about. I'll never feel happy about my weight. I try daily not to pick at my husband so much...relationships are work, and I go to work every day. And I could never spend enough time with Juni. I will always call my Mom Role Model, my mom, in tears, wondering if she felt the same inadequacy I feel. And she did! The Ultimate Uber-Mom felt the same was! Jackpot. If SHE questioned herself, then everyone will. There is no possible way to be a better mom than mine. End of story.
So...I'm taking a cue from two of my friends, who have inspired me throughout the years. Jenn and Cathy. Jenn is the true definition of an artist. She finds art every day, and even keeps several successful blogs up to date about her creations. Inspiration No. 1. Cathy is one of the most thoughtful people I know. She randomly sent me homemade apple sauce. From Kentucky. I felt like an ass. All I sent her was a Christmas card, and ordered a few football tickets in advance for her family. Inspiration No. 2.
The result: 365 Acts of Thoughtfulness. That's my goal. And it's totally do-able. I'll keep track on my blog. And notice...it's not 365 days...some days are better than others. Some days, I suck. And that's okay. Jenn creates art every day. I envy her. And I'm reasonably thoughtful every day, but my resolution isn't about reasonable. It's about thinking. Going out of my way. Doing something out of the ordinary.
So...here's the new blog...365 Random Acts of Thoughtfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment