Monday, October 28, 2013

The Redneck turns 37

Buying for my Redneck Husband is not easy. If he wants something, he buys it. I've given great presents, and crappy presents. This year I'm thinking they're above average, but not stellar. My dad took the prize with meat.
This year the Redneck will get a special edition 1/16 John Deere scale tractor from Juni. He picked it out six months ago, and has asked at least once a week when his Dad's birthday would get here. In general I don't mind the myriad of tractors displayed in my home. But this one is "special." It's gold. Not real gold, but gold in color. Something the A-Team might put in their van. But I just couldn't tell my son no. He's so excited. Me? Not so much.
I've gotten him an at-home massage (per request) and the original Duck Dynasty duck call. I'm thinking that's pretty awesome.
As for his birthday dinner, the Redneck wants stuffed peppers and a yellow cake with chocolate icing (a bundt, to be specific). But here's my issue with cooking. I'm not a bad cook, but the Redneck is amazing. So when I do cook, he's over my should. Constantly. Very annoying.
"I want stuffed peppers."
"What kind?"
"Tex Mex. But not out of your head. I want a real recipe. And a lot of cheese. And the peppers need to be really done. Not crunchy at all. And lots of meat. And lots of rice. And I want my cake moist. Really moist. Not like most of your cakes. I want it moist. Like I make it..."
"Babe. Happy Birthday. I love you. But shut the hell up. It's 6:15 in the morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment