Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is it a Bad thing to want to Shove that {wooden!} gun down my son's throat?

No trip to the OBX is complete without a trip to a Wings. If you're unfamiliar with Wings, let me enlighten you.
It's filled to the brim with cheap crap. Sand toys, floats, bathing suits, ridiculous t-shirts, coffee mugs with boobies on them, magnets. It's insanity, really. But Jasen wanted to get me another dress, and he wanted a sign for the pool house.
Of course Juni was told he could get a souvenir. And of course, true to my buzzard luck, he picked this wooded gun that shoots out a wine bottle cork, makes a loud popping noise, and then sucks he cork back into the barrel with a shoe string.
It is quite possibly the most obnoxious toy next to the whistle. If I ever find the person who created this toy (along with the inventor of panty hose, waxing, and heels) I will take that gun and beat him to death with it.
The reason I feel so strongly about said gun is this...Juni popped that damned gun in the car so many times that I at one point seriously considered the thought that I may have suffered permanent hearing loss.
The ride home was insane. Juni asked ever 34 seconds if we were at CeCe's house to pick up Sadie yet. Jasen had to stop along the way to put more ice on the 13 pounds of meat he could never eat on the vacation, and he had to buy a very cool hammock swing.
And of course there was the gun. And cop.

That's right, a cop. I got pulled. I'm laughing at Juni while he's shooting Jasen in the back of the head with the gun, thinking what a wonderful week we've had, when I see those blue lights and ... damn it ... I'm going 12 miles over.
Immediately Jasen is cussing. And Juni is asking if I'm going to jail. And I'm explaining to Jasen where the registration is, and to Juni that no, I am not going to jail, while the cop is peering into the passenger window.
He turns around and spends a few minutes in his car. It's at this point that Jasen gets pissed. And I'm feeling like a jackass who just made a few-hundred dollar mistake, and Juni has begun to again shoot his gun.
The cop comes back with a written warning. It was an awesome end to an awesome vacation. I got to tell Jasen he got all worked up for nothing, and I didn't have to deal with a ticket. Total and complete awesomeness.
This vacation was a complete success. Coming home and getting back into our routine wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but it was so worth it. We're refreshed, we're tan, and we're ready to begin our action-packed summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment