Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas Decorating at the Norge House

Napping after a morning of chasing cats.
As of this morning, Christmas has officially puked in my house. It's nice out, so the front door is open. The dog is chasing the cat. The kid is chasing the dog. I'm sweating. And bleeding from an unfortunate snow globe incident in which the snow globe won. There's dust everywhere. And glitter. And pieces of fake green stuff that the mice chewed and spit back out. And insulation from the attic itching my feet. Oh...and did I mention the incredibly sappy and sad Christmas music playing? Yep. We're talking balls-to-the-walls decorating festivities here at the Norge house.
How the heck am I supposed to find the one friggin' bulb on this strand that doesn't want to work? You have got to be kidding me. A job saved for Jasen. As is dragging the full-sized tree from the barn, adding the extra lights and fighting with those.
We decided on a fake tree last year after six years of me picking a tree that was too tall for our living room and leaving sap trails on the white ceiling. I miss the smell and experience of picking the perfectly too-tall tree, but not the needles, watering and ceiling stains. Which, by the way, can only be removed by a new coat of paint. Which I haven't performed yet.
Juni, Sadie, Max the Cat and I were so busy decorating that I forgot to eat lunch. So by 12:30, my blood sugar plummeted, I began to shake, sweat more, and dry heave. Excellent.
My Hokie Tree
I'd love to decorate the outside of my house, but honestly, I just don't have the stomach for it today. I realize when the chaos of finding every decoration, hanging every bulb and checking every light is over our home will be cozy and warm. But right now, it's just plain hot in here.
If you don't hear from me, it's because Christmas kicked my ass before I could even make it to Thanksgiving.
Me and Juni

No comments:

Post a Comment