Sunday, November 7, 2010

Twinkle Toes

I am such a girl.
I remember in grade school having a closet for school clothes, a.k.a. dresses, and a drawer full of play clothes. I wanted my hair in braids every day. And Barbie polish on my nails.
Even now I have play clothes. And I like to braid my hair. And I love makeup. And shoes, when they don't hurt my bunion. And of course I love anything that sparkles. Diamonds, glitter, and apparently, shoes.
Every time I buy Juni a new pair of shoes I notice these adorable little gems winking at me from the little girl isle...they're called Twinkle Toes (I think). They're too cool...flowers, glitter, sparkles on the toes. And they're not heels, so my bunion could be nice and happy. Bunions suck for girls who loves shoes, by the way. But I digress. Twinkle toes are just plain adorable. All of the fashionista preschoolers in Juni's class have them.
And now...so do I. I know. Laugh if you must. I pray it's not a mid-life crisis, because death at 64 would just plain suck.
I'm a 32-year-old woman, and today, I'm sporting my new Twinkle Toes, thanks to the geniuses at Rack Room that decided you're never too old to remember you're still a little girl. You're never too old to spot something shiny and say oooohhhh....pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment